Department of Industrial Design
Chang Gung University
259, Wen-Hua 1st Road
Kwei-Shan, Tao-Yuan Taiwan 333
TEL: 886-3-211-8800 ext. 5747
2001.9-2009.7 National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
Department of Industrial and Commercial Design, Doctor of Industrial Design
1991.9-1994.7 San Jose State University, USA
Department of Industrial Design, Master of Art
1988.9-1991.7 University of Bridgeport, USA
Department of Industrial Design, BS of Industrial Design
2009-now Chang Gung University, Assistant Professor
2013-2014 Ming Chi University of Technology, Adjunct Assistant Professor
1997-2009 Chang Gung University, Lecturer
1996-1997 Kemnitzer Design(USA), Mechanical Engineer/ Industrial Designer
1995-1996 Blueleaf Design(USA), Industrial Designer
1994-1995 TaTung TeLECOM.(USA), Industrial Designer,
1987-1988 Chung-Chin mechanical and Electronic Ltd., Mechanical Engineer
1984-1987 GTE Telecom. Quality Reliable Engineer(ME)
2000-now Chinese Institute of Design since 2000,
1999-now Member of CIDA (China Industrial Designers Association)
1991-1992 Member of IDSA (Industrial Design Society Association),
1996-1997 Member of ASME (The American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
1. Thu-Hua Liu, Wen-Ko Chiou, Tyan-Yu Wu, Jen-Der Lin, (2002) Identification of Anthropometric Measurements as Health Indices. Journal of Chinese Institute of Industrial Engineers, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp.83-93.
2. Chang, W. & Wu, T. Y. (2007). Exploring types and characteristics of product forms. International Journal of Design 1(1): 3-14(SCI, SSCI since 2011).
3. Chang, W. & Wu, T. Y.* (2009). The Development of a Scale for the Assessment of Consumer Pleasure Evoked by Product Appearance. Psychological Testing, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp207-233(TSSCI).
4. Wu, Tyan-Yu* & Chang, Wen-chih , (2009). Development of a product with pleasure: modeling the bionic design approach. The Bulletin of JSSD, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp43-52.
5. Wu, Tyan-Yu* & Chang, Wen-chih , (2010). Product with Bionic features for conveying consumer pleasure using kitchen appliances as an example. The Bulletin of JSSD, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp37-44.
6. Tyan-Yu Wu, Sheng-Guang Wang. (2015). Effects of LED color temperature and illuminance on consumers’ emotional states and spatial impressions. International Journal of affective Engineer, Vol. 14, No. 1.
1. Tyan Yu Wu, (2001), The thoughts of design in the future technology Era, New millennium, new thoughts: International Academic Conference, Ming Chuan University.
2. Thu-Hua Liu, Tyan Yu Wu, & Wen-Ko Chiou, (2001), The Establishment of a 3D Whole Body Anthropometric Data Bank and Data Base Management System with Applications. NUMERISATION 3D, Union Internationale des Chemins de Fer(UIC), Paris.
3. Tyan Yu Wu, (2001), Product as a Catalyzer towards Pleasurable Living, International Conference on Affective Human Factors Design, Singapore.
4. Tyan Yu Wu, (2001), The Study of Line Elements Towards Visual Perception to the Forms of Products, ADC 2001, Korea.
5. Tyan Yu Wu, (2002) The study of shape elements in Conveying Pleasurable Image. DRS, UK.
6. Tyan Yu Wu,Chien-Hsiung Chen, (2002)，The comparison of conveying semantic between physical 3D and computer 3D models, 7th CID Annual design conference, National Taiwan University of technology and science.
7. Wen-Ko Chiou, Tyan Yu Wu, Thu-Hua Liu, (2002), 3D digital Human Body Modeling for E-Commerce. The VII ACME International Conference on Pacific Rim Management, L.A. USA.
8. Tyan Yu Wu, (2003) The influence of African art on African-American art and crafts, 2003 Local Industrial and Product design education, Shu-Te University.
9. Chi-Shan Shu, Tyan Yu Wu, Rung-Tai Lin, (2003)，The Application of Taiwanese Aboriginal Cultural Images in Product Design, CID Annual design conference, National Taiwan University of technology and science, ChaoYang University.
10. Wen-chih Chang, Tyan Yu Wu*, (2004) Exploring Types and Characteristics of Product Forms in Eliciting a User’s Pleasure, Fourth International Conference on Design and Emotion, METU, Turkey.
11. Tyan Yu Wu, Chi-Hsun Hsu, Rungtai Lin, (2004) The study of Taiwan Aboriginal Culture on Product Design, DRS Futureground, Australia.
12. Tyan Yu Wu, Hong Cheng, RungTai Lin, (2004) The study of cultural interface in Taiwan Aboriginal Twin-Cup, HCI International conference, USA.
13. Tyan Yu Wu & Wen-chih Chang (2007) The study of products with Bios shapes in conveying pleasure. International Association of Societies of Design Research (IASDR), Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.
14. Tyan Yu Wu, Wen-chih Chang and Yuan-Hao Hsu (2009) Designing a lighting with pleasure, HCI 2009, 13th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, San Diego, USA.
15. Wu, Tyan Yu & Wu, Jordan Chao-tao (2010) Exploring types and characteristics of cultural products evoking consumers’ pleasures 7th International Conference on Design and Emotion, Chicago, USA.
16. Tyan Yu Wu (2011) Product Pleasure enhancement: Cultural Elements Makes Significant Difference. HCI 2011, 14th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Florida, USA.
17. Wu, T.Y., & Sie, C.Y. (2012). The influence of unity on chair aesthetic responses towards consumers’ pleasure. DRS 2012, Thailand: Bangkok.
18. Wu, T.Y., & Wang, S.G. (2012). The influence of LED color temperature and illuminance on users pleasure responses- using dining area as an example. KEER 2012 International Conference on Kansei Engineering and Emotion Research. Taiwan: Peng-hu.
19. Tyan Yu Wu & G. Y. Pon (2013) Aged people’s emotion elicited through touching chair armrests. HCI 2013, 15th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Las Vegas, USA.
20. Che-Jue Wu, Tyan Yu Wu* & Jean-Lon Chen (2013) A study on consumers’ emotions evoked by product semantics. HCI 2013, 15th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Las Vegas, USA.
21. Wu, Tyan Yu & Lin, Chi-Tang (2014). Synchronizing the arm-speed of toothbrushing with sounds of differing tempos, HEPS, Taiwan.
Li, G.N. & Wu, T. Y. (2012) Exploring consumer emotions elicited by watchform. 17th Design Research Conference. Asia University, Taiwan.
Li, G.N. & Wu, T. Y. (2011) The study of motion evoked through watch form. 2011 Ming Chi Institute Technology Conference. MCIT, Taiwan.
Pon, G.Y. & Wu, T. Y. (2011) The study of pleasure emotion evoked through touch between elderly and Young people, 2011 Ming Chi Institute Technology Conference. MCIT, Taiwan.
Pon, G.Y. & Wu, T. Y. (2011) The study of pleasure emotion evoked through touch between elderly and Young people. Industrial design. 39:2 P. 148-153.
Wang, S. G. & Wu, T. Y. (2011) Consumers’ emotion elicited by lighting. 16th Design Research Conference. National Taipei University of science and Technology, Taiwan.
Hsai, C. Y. & Wu, T. Y. (2011) Consumers’ pleasure evoked through aesthetic of a chair principle, 16th Design Research Conference. National Taipei University of science and Technology, Taiwan.
DOCTORAL DISSERTATION AND MASTER THESIS
2009 July, Emotional Product Design Workshop, CGU
2010 July, Emotional Product Design Workshop, CGU
CONFERENCE SESSION CHAIR