Department of Industrial Design
Chang Gung University
259, Wen-Hua 1st Road
Kwei-Shan, Tao-Yuan Taiwan 333
TEL: 886-3-211-8800 ext. 5460
- 2000-09 National Yunlin University of Science and Technology Department of Industrial Management, Doctor of Design
- 1994-96 National Yunlin University of Science and Technology Department of Industrial Design, Master of Design
- 1992-94 National Yunlin University of Science and Technology Department of Industrial Design, Bachelor of Industrial Design
- 2009 Honor Member, The Phi Tau Phi Scholastic Honor Society of the Republic of China.
- 2003 Best Mentor Award, Chang Gung University.
- 2009–now Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial Design, Chang Gung University.
- 1996–09 Lecturor, Department of Industrial Design, Chang Gung University
- 2000–now Member, Chinese Institute of Design
- Information and communication technology support design education
- Design education
- Design thinking
- Tang, H.-H.*, Lin, C.-W., & Chen, W., 2009, Exploring the relationship between personal creativity, creative process, concept evolution, and design performance in a collaborative design process, Journal of Design, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 51-71. (THCI)
- Chen, W.* & You, M., in press, Student Response to an Internet-Mediated Industrial Design Studio Course, International Journal of Technology and Design Education, DOI: 10.1007/s10798-008-9068-2 (SCI; Accept July, 2008; online)
- Chen, W.* & You, M., 2009, A framework for the development of online design learning environment, The bulletin of the JSSD, Vol. 56, No. 1.
- Chen, W.* & You, M., 2008, The problems and implications of online collaborative design learning projects, Research in Arts Education, No. 15, pp. 105-137. (TSSCI, THCI)
- You, M. & Chen, W., 1998, A Study on Tactile Symbols as an Aid to the Visually Impaired for Product Operation, Journal of the Chinese Institute of Industrial Engineers, V0l. 15, No. 1, pp. 9-18.
- You, M., Cai, D.-C., & Chen, W., 1997, A Comparative Study on the Descriptors of Dot-Matrix Image of Chinese Characters, Journal of Yunlin Institute of Technology, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 17-26.
- Chen, W. & You, M., 1997, The Study on Discriminability of Tactile Symbols of Radio Cassette Recorder Controllers, Journal of Special Education, No. 12, pp. 41-61.
- Peng, C.-Y., Chen, W., Wong, J.-J., and Chiou, W.-K., 2008, Preliminary guidelines of interdisciplinary collaboration for successful NPD, The Second International Conference on Operations and Supply Chain Management (ICOSCM), Jul. 29 - Aug. 2, 2008, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Chen, W. & You, M., 2007, The Differences Between the Influences of Synchronous and Asynchronous Modes on Collaborative Learning Project of Industrial Design, D. Schuler (Ed.): Online Communities and Social Comput., HCII 2007, LNCS 4564, pp. 275–283, 2007.
- Chen, W. & You, M., 2005, Internet Mediated Industrial Design Studio Course: the Students' Responses, The proceedings of the International Design Congress - IASDR 205 (CD ROM), November, 1-4, National Yunlin University of Science and Technology, Taiwan.
- Chen, W. & You, M., 2003, A framework for the development of online de-sign learning environment, The proceeding of the 6th Asian Design International Conference (CD ROM), Integration of Knowl-edge, Kansei, and Industrial Power, October 14-17, Tsukuba International Congress Center, Japan, No. 584.
- Chen, W. & You, M., 2001, Participation analysis of online class interactions in Internet mediated design course, Bulletin of the 5th Asian Design Conference (CD ROM), International Symposium on Design Science, October 11-13, Seoul National University, Korea, TW-056.
- Chen, W. & Chiou, W-K. , 1999, A study on tactile interfaces as an aid to home electronic appliance operation for the visually impaired, Proceedings of HCI International ’99 (the 8th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction), Volume 1, Munich, Germany, August 22-26, pp. 740-744, ISBN 0-8058-3391-9.
DOCTORAL DISSERTATION AND MASTER THESIS
- Chen, W., 2009, The design and implementation of an online design learning environment to support instruction and learning in design studio, Doctoral Dissertation, National Yunlin University of Science and Technology.
- Chen, W., 1996, A study on tactile symbols as an aid to the visually impaired for product operation, Master Thesis, National Yunlin University of Science and Technology.