Department of Industrial Design
Chang Gung University
259, Wen-Hua 1st Road
Kwei-Shan, Tao-Yuan Taiwan 333
TEL:886-3-211-8800 ext 3284
- 1997-2000 Cambridge University Cambridge, UK, Doctor of Philosophy, Engineering. Concentration in Product Concept Generation
- 2008-now Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial Design, Chang Gung University.
- Liu, Y-C., Chakrabarti A., and Bligh, T.P. Towards an Ideal Approach for Concept Generation, Design Studies Journal, Volume 24, Issue 4, pp 341-355, 2003.
- Liu, Y.C., and Lu, S.J. An Investigation of Function Based Design Considering Affordances in Conceptual Design of Mechanical Movement, Engineering Psychology and Cognitive Ergonomics, pp-43-51, Springer, 2009
- Chakrabarti, A., Langdon, P., Liu, Y-C., and Bligh, T.P. Supporting Compositional Synthesis on Computers, Engineering Design Synthesis: Understanding, Approaches and Tools, pp-179-197, Springer, London, 2002.
- Liu, Y.C., Chakrabarti, A., and Bligh, T.P. A Computational Framework for Concept Generation and Evaluation in Mechanical Design: Further Developments of FuncSION, , Artificial Intelligence in Design'00, J.S. Gero (Ed.), pp- 499-519, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000.
- Liu, Y. C., Chakrabarti, A. and Bligh, T. P.: 1999a, A strategy for functional design, Proceedings 12th International Conference on Engineering Design ICED’99, Munich, August, 2, pp. 1187-1190.
- Liu, Y. C., Chakrabarti, A. and Bligh, T. P.: 1999b, Transforming functional solutions into physical solutions, Design Theory and Methodology-DTM’99, ASME, DETC99/DTM-8768
- Liu, Y.C., A Methodology for the Generation of Concepts in Mechanical Design, Ph. D. Thesis, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, UK, 2000.